Friday, January 10, 2014

Stop Saying "I wish", and Start Saying "I will".

Your quality of life is up to you.

You decide how to handle those set backs and obstacles along the way.

Do you make lemonade out of those lemons?  Or do you give up at the drop of a hat?

Perhaps I sound like a broken record.  When I teach a spin class, I remind participants that the magic is right there in front of them, in the form of a little red knob.  That knob controls the resistance on your bike.  You can choose to make that light and easy, or you can choose to work harder.  It just depends on you.  I'm here to make suggestions that hopefully will work, to guide and to motivate.  But ultimately, your choices are your own.

I see inspirational things every day, from the client that struggles with degenerative disease, and still gets up every day and works hard to maintain or improve whatever she can, to the people who slog in to every workout, regardless of how they feel, because they know they need to keep moving forward, to the folks who get all of their ducks in a row and lose the weight they need or want to lose, in a healthy way, finally realizing their aspirations.  These people remind me every day to keep moving myself forward;  to strive for the best that I can accomplish.

But you can be one of those people right now.  How do you do it?  You just do.  You don't give yourself time to question why.  You don't wish but never do anything about it.  You don't think too hard about it, you stop saying I wish, and start saying I will.  And then you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment