Your BMR is the amount of calories your body needs to function. We use about 60% of the calories we need each day for basic bodily functions such as breathing and digestion. Other factors that affect your BMR are height, weight, age and sex.
65 + (4.3x weight in pounds) + (4.7x height in inches) - (4.7x age in years)
66 + (6.3x weight in pounds) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)
- If you are sedentary; BMR x 20%
- If you are lightly active; BMR x 30%
- If you are moderately active (you exercise most days a week); BMR x 40%
- If you are very active (you exercise intensely on a daily basis, or for prolonged periods; BMR x 50%
- If you are extra active (you do hard labor, or are in athletic training); BMR x 60%