Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ethnic Food Extravaganza...

What fun!  Yesterday, we had an ethnic food extravaganza at my home.  Requested by my Saturday, 11:30 a.m. small group, it included such food items as a Russian Viniagrette Salad,  Indian Lentil Salad, German potato soup, veggies with white bean and sage dip, Cuban black beans on rice, and Norwegian sour cherry pancakes, fruit and yogurt dip.  Recipes were required (I hope to be receiving them, though Svapna gets extra points for having typed versions!!).

I will be including all of these in my book, assuming it ever gets done (fingers crossed!).  Most of the recipes were healthy, gluten free, and vegetarian.  I think they could fit into almost all of the chapters of my food allergy cookbook, though the yogurt dressing won't go into the milk-free zone, and the pancakes will not be in the gluten free section:)

Of course, prior to this, we had the usual workout, this time with bars, walking lunges, lots of abs, and conversation--this group cannot be stopped from exercising their jaws!!  But that's the point, isn't it?  To have fun while your exercising?!  Positive experiences build positive people!

No comments:

Post a Comment