Monday, November 8, 2010

Inspired

I was able to teach a kickboxing class to some kids not long ago, over at the JCC. This group of kids was part of a summer program, and most of the kids were just your average bunch:  a few who wanted to participate, a few who didn't, a few who tried to cause trouble, and a few who were timid and shy.  But one girl caught my attention and my heart.  This girl was in braces on her legs and crutches.  I don't know what was wrong, though it was clearly something she would struggle with for her life.  This young lady tried every move I called out.  She put her crutches down, and she punched, and then she picked her crutches up and she kicked with her braced legs.  And she was really tired at the end.  But she tried EVERY move.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group had that sprinkling...some who tried, some who whined, some who caused trouble...I was so inspired by that one girl.  Funny thing was, I was whining before I went to teach that because I was a bit tired after a morning full of training, and I didn't really want to be there.  Clearly I was meant to be there, and I can assure you my whining ceased immediately and was silenced by awe. 

So, whatever your day brings...whatever you have to deal with at work...leave it behind, and be sure to care for your body the way it deserves to be taken care of.  And count your blessings.
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment